New Lounger
    Thanks

Moving from OE6 (Outlook 2000)

I am in the process of (perhaps) moving from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. However a couple of things are making me reconsider.

In Outlook Express, one can choose which account to send an e-mail from. I have 5 different accounts I use depending on whether I am sending the e-mail as myself, or my wife is sending an e-mail, or if the e-mail is on behalf of a group I belong to, etc. As far as I can establish, in Outlook 2000 I cannot choose which account identity is used when sending e-mails. Is anyone able to advise on this?

If I cannot choose an identity when sending e-mails, I will not make the change. However, if anyone out there believes I should be making the change, tell me why? I use Outlook at my paid employment so am quite familiar with it there. At this time I am finding it difficult to see if I will gain anything from making the change.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Moving from OE6 (Outlook 2000)

Why not go to Outlook 2003, it is MUCH better than 2000?
    And yes, you can select which account to send from.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I was moving to Outlook 2000 because I have it. Will the 2003 version work with W2K or does it require XP? When you say that one can select which account to send from, do you mean in Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2003? If the former, why can I not get a drop down 'From' box like I can in Outlook Express 6?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yes, I meant 2003, but I know it was also in Outlook XP (2002) but can NOT remember if it is in Outlook 2000.

I believe that you can use Outlook 2003 on a Win 2K OS.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.