4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Window repainting bug in Word 2002? (2002 SP1)

I have noticed a recurring problem in Word (2002-SP1) under Windows XP. At some point (I have not identified a cause), a "hole" appears in the left side of a document window. Its dimensions would be appropriate for a tool bar, but it is usually positioned around the middle of the document area and extends right over the window's left border. It initially displays whatever would be in the corresponding part of the window beneath the Word window, but its contents are fixed: if I move or close the underlying window, the hole remains the same. If I move the document window the hole moves with it. If I minimize the document window the hole disappears, but if I restore the window, it comes back. The only way to get rid of the hole is to close the affected Word document

I wonder whether anyone else has encountered this problem, and perhaps knows a way to fix it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Window repainting bug in Word 2002? (2002 SP1)

I have not encountered this bug with Word but display corruption is usually related to problems with the video driver rather than with Word.

Check with the manufacturer of your video card to see if there are any driver updates available.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Window repainting bug in Word 2002? (2002 SP1)

This seems to be a bug in Word 2002; it has been reported before in this forum, but we didn't find a cause or fix. See <post#=298481>post 298481</post#>.