Thread: IIS hanging

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IIS hanging

Hi,

I am having a problem hosting ASP's on my machine. When I try and run the following code:-
    <pre><%
    option explicit

Response.Write "hi"
    dim fso, fd

set fso=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObjec t")
    set fd=fso.GetFolder(Server.MapPath("Files"))

set fd=nothing
    set fso=nothing
    %>
    </pre>

If I comment out the line containing set fd=fso.GetFolder(Server.MapPath("Files")) then the code runs without problem. But with that line in, the whole IIS process hangs and the only way to recover it is to restart IIS. I've tried a similar example in VB and VBA and everything runs without problem. I've removed and reinstalled IIS and that made no difference. I thought it may be something to do with directory permissions, but this file is just sitting in the normal 'wwwroot' directory and I even tried making the IUSR account part of the administrators group and that made no difference either. The 'Files' directory definitely exists and is sitting next to the ASP file. I am at a loss as to what to try next apart from rebuilding my machine which will take forever with the amount of software I have on it. Somebody please help! I'm unable to carry on my work without a properly functioning IIS server! The really strange thing is that the 'hi' doesn't even appear with the offending line of code present, which is after the line containing Response.Write "hi".

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IIS hanging

FYI - I have finally found the solution to this problem, it was the 'Script Blocking' feature in Norton Antivirus. With this feature turned off everything works perfectly!