3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rules aren't working (XP AND 2003)

Hi

My colleague has created a Rule in Outlook to forward messages to his Hotmail account. However, regardless of whether this account is in his own Address Book or a Contact in Active Directory, the Rule simply will not fire. We've just installed Outlook 2003 on his PC, and it's still not working, so I guess it's not a problem with Outlook but more with his profile on Exchange? Would that be correct? If so, other than deleting him from Exchange and recreating him, is there anything I can do in order to get this Rule to work? Is this a corrupt Exchange Profile?

Thanks for any help or advice.

P.S. I did try searching the Forums and MS Knowlege Base, but I can't find anything similar. Maybe my phrasing isn't so good. [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rules aren't working (XP AND 2003)

Have you tried disabling all other rules first? Back up the PST file beforehand.
    Gre

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure whether he has any other rules. When you say disabling the other rules, do you just mean unchecking them, closing Outlook, then opening it and rechecking them?

If that fails, did I read somewhere that there's a file on the C: Drive that should be deleted if Rules aren't firing?

Thanks for your reply. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I did mean unchecking all the other Rules - and then seeing whether the Hotmail reroute functioned as intended. That way we could see whether it is a Rule conflict - as often happens - or whether something else is in play.
    Gre