Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Moniter--dell UltraSharp

As a Repair man,,I guess my 1st question would be,,,Have you tried a different Video Card,, just to see,, if it might be a Video Card problem? Thats where I would start,,,,THAT IS IF,,, you have made all the adjustments that can be made to your Display Properties and Monitor Settings,,, And you have already made sure you were using latest updates and for your operating system,, and the latest Drivers for your Video Card,, to make sure your Hardware and Software are compatable? Also check your BIOS settings to make sure they are set properly for the Card you are using.

Thanks

Is this the 20" model that uses 1600x1200 resolution, or the one they're calling a TV? Does Windows have the exact matching resolution set? That's all it should take, but some sites could be "hardcoded" in such a manner that you have to use IE's Accessibility options to override them. There have been some discussions on the Internet Explorer board on text size issues. You could search over there for more tips.

New Lounger
    Thanks

You can change the text in Display properties> settings>advanced. The DPI. I have mine upped to 120 if you get it too large it can mess up some websites like windows update. Also you can go to the accessibility in Internet Options and mess around, check ignore font sizes. This helps. My laptop is 1400X1050 and a tab small for me. That is the only way to change the script on this forum.(ignore font size)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not clear whether you bought this Dell flat-screen monitor at the same time as a Dell PC, or even that it's running on a Dell PC.

These new monitors need extensive driver support (as well as a compatible high-end graphics card), so are you sure you have the latest level?

If it doesn't work after all the effort you put in, then return it for a refund... Buy an Iiyama instead (for example)!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Moniter--dell UltraSharp

I've got a new Dell moniter, the largest flatscreen UltraSharp that even their tech can't help me with. He thinks there is a problem with the wrong video card, but the company insists that I have the right one. Some websites (including this one) appear so small on the screen that they are barely readable. I--and my tech guy who came to fix the computer--have tried all the usual fixes available with the various settings, the list is too long to include. On my previous screen, rolling the scroll wheel on my Optical mouse would expand website sizes. My tech guy said others have had this problem too, and he once fixed it but can't recall how! Dell phone support is zero help.
    Anyone have any ideas? Barb

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I'm in a hurry and couldn't figure out how to edit my previous message--plus I can't read this screen! Anyway, I bought an entire new Dell system at one time, including their largest ultrasharp flat screen moniter, and it does not also serve as a TV. Dell insists the video card, etc are correct. My technician sent by Dell says he doesn't think so. Not only can I not get help from dell tech support, my technician can't eeither! And it's too late to return it. Argh!! Thanks to those who've already responded and to anyone who has any ideas here. doyenbb

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Monitor--dell UltraSharp

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Fish on 16-Feb-04 16:49. Amended name)</P><big>Maybe any replies should be in BIG format, just so Barb can read them easier?

Just an idea.</big>

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Monitor--dell UltraSharp

Don't you mean <big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big>As in bigger</big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big>

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.