Thanks

Re: Trouble Sending Messages (W98 w/latest OE)

Relaying denied indicates the following: the sender is not authorized to use the server as an SMTP relay. This has very little to do with the destination address; any destination address not local to the SMTP server also should be denied.

Most SMTP servers are configured only to relay on behalf of certain people. For example, my ISP requires either that (1) you are sending the message from a computer within its network (you are dialed in), or (2) you authenticate yourself by giving your name and e-mail password when relaying a message through its server from outside its network (using SSL authentication).

First thing to check: your friend might be trying to send through an old account but is now connected with a new DSL connection. Classic problem. Change the SMTP server in the old account to the one for the DSL connection or contact the old ISP for specific instructions. Often it's in a FAQ on the company's web site.

P.S. You should blot out any confidential information in that screen shot.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble Sending Messages (W98 w/latest OE)

Thanks, I'll check it out. Also, you are right, I thought about blotting out stuff shortly after sending it. My goof.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Trouble Sending Messages (W98 w/latest OE)

My friend is having trouble sending emails. I've checked the account properties several times and they are set up correctly. Receive works OK. But when sending he's getting a message like in the attached image. I don't understand why it is rejecting an email address, as it is a legitimate address. Any ideas as to what is going on and how to fix it?