3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Best way to make Excel Banner? (XP)

Hello,

I have an Excel Sheet where the banner at the top is designed across Merged Cells.

I can see now that this method is wrong, since my sheet has Tables and anytime I change the table's column width it disturbs the banner header at the top.

So my question is: what's the best way to make an Excel Banner such that it doesn't get disturbed by table manipulation below?

BTW, I used the Freeze Frame option to keep the banner there while I browse through the sheet.

Thanks very much.

Bob.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Best way to make Excel Banner? (XP)

Many users prefer the behavior you describe: if you center a banner text over a number of columns, the text will remain centered above them even if you change the column widths, for example to fit the columns on one page.

If you want the banner for printing purposes only, consider creating a custom page header in the Header/Footer tab of File | Page Setup... Formatting options in the header and footer are pretty basic, though.

If you want the banner on the worksheet itself, consider using a text box. In the Properties tab of the Format | Format Text Box... dialog, you can specify "Don't move or size with cells". This will "fix" the text box.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok, thanks very much for that very useful reply.

Bob.

Thanks

What about just 'drawing' a title banner with the drawing tool bar? I often do this and then I set the border to none and set its properties to not move/resize so that it stays where I put it.

Will that work for you?

Deb