3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autorunning Batch Files At Boot

Hi,

I have a need to run a batch file after boot (the idea is to clear the print spool and profiles by wildcard after restart on a Windows 2000 Citrix server configured for anonymous users) but I don't now how to run it without carrying out an autologon which, to my mind, opens a whole can of security worms.

The batch file itself isn't a problem, but it needs to be run at boot time coz that's the only time I can guarantee there are no users on the system.

Any ideas appreciated :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autorunning Batch Files At Boot

Start > Run > Gpedit.msc

Browse to Computer Settings > Windows Settings > Scripts (Startup Shutdown)
    Click in the right hand pane and specify your script.

StuartR

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autorunning Batch Files At Boot

There is also a way of achieving this by adding a valuename, which has your BATch file path/name as data, to the HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun registry key, but you need to be pretty confident about registry editing...
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Hi Stuart,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this ... unfortunately we had a major catastrophe with our Citrix farm the past week or so (the whole farm effectively collapsed forcing me to replace the three DELL's originally running the farm with 5 Compaq's).

Following your suggestion of using GPEDIT.MSC I have now configured my Citrix servers to restart on a weekly basis and to run a CMD file when they do. It all seems fine at the moment so my thanks for your help. My thanks also to John for his suggestion.