Thread: Subform (2003)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subform (2003)

You may have noticed that I've had an upgrade from 2003. This is probably an easy task for most of you. I've put a subform into a main form, and linked them using a common field. One problem is that though these fields are common with each other, one relies on user input (name). Until user input, the subform field displays the name of the main form. Can this be hidden. My next question is :- can I turn off the horizontal and vertical scroll bars in the subform? Cheers.

Rob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform (2003)

I don't recognize the situation you describe in your first question. Could you provide more detailed information, or post a screenshot (not too large, please)?

About the other question: open the subform in design view. Set the Scrollbars property in the Format tab of the Properties window to None.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've attatched a screenshot. I've also noticed that when I entered some test data, although the correct information was coming up on the subform, the record number stayed at 1, while I was entering record number 3 on the main form.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Why would partNo ever show a form name? it looks to me like there's something wrong with the underlying data source for your subform.
    Charlotte

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The table for the subform is imported from Crystal Reports into Excel and the spreadsheet imported into Access. We can't access the information we require directly, that's why we use Crystal and them import the data. This may be the wrong way to do it, but it's the only way I know of getting the information into Access.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The record number would stay at one because that refers to the record number for the parent record, not the subform records. As long as the parent record stays the same, the subform records you enter will be attached to that parent record. If you were entering record number 3, that had to be on the subform, which doesn't have a record indicator in your screen shot.
    Charlotte