New Lounger
    Thanks

Help -Common Client User Session (XP Home)

When I log on, it takes along time, three minutes for xp to load after I click my sign on name. After it finally loads and I get the desk top, a pop up box stating an error occured in the Common Client User Session,. It states that the operating system version and computer hardware in use:your Digital Product ID shich could be used to identify your license: and the Internet Protocol address of your computer could not be identified.

I also cannot connect to the internet now either. I have broadband connection. My other PC's in the house connect to the interenet with no problems.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to fix this? I'm guessing some corrupted files, but that is causing it to take forever to bring up my desktop and also why my intenet is not working. I tried to do a system restore but still doesn't fix. it.

Thanks
    Brett

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help -Common Client User Session (XP Home)

A quick Google search brought up references to Zone Alarm and Norton AntiVirus 2004. Do you have either/both installed on your computer? Could you, perhaps, uninstall them and see if the errors go away?

Just a thought
    Becky

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, It was NAV 2004, the error was due to that, I haven't tried to reload it again. However, my pc still takes a long time to load after I click my on my sign on time. I thought maybe it was NAV or System works, but I have uninstalled them and I am still havingthe problem.

Any ideas why it takes so long for my signon to load?????

Thanks
    Brett

Thanks

Are you on a network?
    Does it stall at 'Loading computer settings' or 'Loading personal settings' or both?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Tells us MORE about your hardware, processor speed, memory, hard drive empty space and over all HD size.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.