5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

On Format (XP/2K)

I have a report which is actually a receipt. One of the fields in the underlying table is whether this is the original receipt or a copy. I would like to put in the On Print event a way to step through the underlying recordset of the report (which is always filtered) and if that field is not set to true (that this is a copy), after it is printed it should then be changed to true.
    Can I set a recordset object to the underlying recordset of the report and then modify that recordset in the On Print event. I have tried different approaches and nothing seems to work.
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: On Format (XP/2K)

Instead of what you're trying to do, make the report a two page report, with the same controls on each page but a different label to show whether it is the original or copy.
    Charlotte

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

But sometimes people lose the original and want a copy, and based on the Tax laws it has to be clear that it is a copy and not the original.
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I think it would be inefficient to do this for every record separately. You could perhaps use the Recordset property of the report in the On Format or On Print event of the report footer section. Note that Access doesn't distinguish between previewing a report and printing it out.
    Alternatively, you could create an update query with the same filter as the report, and run this after the report has been viewed/printed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks