New Lounger
    Thanks

argh...user forms (2002)

Hello. I'm experimenting with userforms in Word to connect to an Access database that i've designed. I'm finding the VBA in Word more of a challenge than Access. I would really appreciate your help.

1) I can set up a userform in the document. I set it to load from an event_click on a command button:

load userform1
    userform1.show

the document and the form work fine until i save & close the document. when i reopen the document, the button, though it appears to function, will not run the event (even something simple like msgbox "blah")...nothing happens. help!

2) When i protect the form, perhaps 4 out of 5 times, the document is locked for ever and ever amen. The protect button on the toolbar grays out...Tools>>Unprotect Document is grayed as well. Is this a bug?

Thanks to anybody who can help me out of this mess.

Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: argh...user forms (2002)

Hi Rich,
    It works fine in my Word 2000. Do you have Tools/Options/Security tab (I believe, I can't check 2002) set to high. If so, it's disabling your macros. You can set it to medium.

With regard to not being able to unprotect the document, see <!mskb=303864>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 303864<!/mskb> & <!mskb=275975>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 275975<!/mskb>
    Hope this helps,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: argh...user forms (2002)

yeah!

That seems to have solved both problems. Thanks for your help!

Rich