Thread: 2000 Security

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2000 Security

I have read the white paper and FAQ Security docs from Microsoft website but I have a few more questions.

Do I put the system.mdw file in the same directory as the db? I want to be sure I don't put the security on all dbs -just mine.

Also, if I use the wizard I'm assuming I then point everyone to the secure database and not the original database. Do I discard the original db and rename the secure version?

Do you prefer the Wizard or the Security Add-in?

Thanks for your help - I get nervous locking down databases!!

ss [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Giovanni

Re: 2000 Security

Qo I put the system.mdw file in the same directory as the db? I want to be sure I don't put the security on all dbs -just mine.
    A: You can put the MDW wherever you want, but it is easier to manage if it is in the same folder as the MDB.

Q: Also, if I use the wizard I'm assuming I then point everyone to the secure database and not the original database. Do I discard the original db and rename the secure version?
    A: If you use the wizard then the Registry settings are changed and all MDBs use the same MDB.
    This can be a problem and you should better use a shortcut with the /wrkgrp command.

)