2 Star Lounger
    Blacktown, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Paste Link (XL 2000)

Not sure whether I should post here or Access, but here seems appropriate.

I have an Access database which contains a lot of statistical data. Management has requested graphical reports. As I could manipulate the data more easily in a Pivot Table in Excel, (and create a Pivot Chart), I have created a 'Paste Link' from the Access Table, to an Excel spreadsheet. The Access table is created via a 'Make-Table' query.

OK The Problem.

Because the number of records in the Access table varies each month, I find that after updating, I either have #N/a in the Excel worksheet where there are less entries in the table than my original Paste-Link' OR the additional records over and above the original link count, are not visible.

The solution is probably simple, but I cant for the life of me see it. Perhaps I'm too close to the problem.

SO........... I am going to make some coffee and hope that some more expert soul out there can assist.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste Link (XL 2000)

You can create a pivot table that is directly based on an Access table or query. You don't need to import or link the Access data into your workbook.

In step 1 of the PivotTable and PivotChart Report Wizard, you can specify that the table or chart will be based on an external data source (the middle option.) You'll be able to specify the data source in step 2.

2 Star Lounger
    Blacktown, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Paste Link (XL 2000)

Ahhh.......... (Light goes on).

Once again, Thanks Mate!