New Lounger
    Thanks

unresolved crash problem

Anybody else experiencing this? Any clues?

In an Excel chart, the second time I make a color/style change to a series format such as color, line style, marker color, Excel bombs. The first change is fine. If the next change I make involves a series, I get "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."

This happens on different machines, different W95 and W98 builds, the only thing I could say is consistent is that I'm toting around an old personal.xls with my favorite macros.

Any comments apreciated,

John Jacobson

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: unresolved crash problem

The last time I had this happen, in Excel 2000, I exported the sheet to HTML, and imported it again. This doesn't work in XL97 though- the XL2K exports everything, not just a cut-down shadow.

I have this happen occaisionally- it appears as if there's some sort of corruption somewhere.

You could try copying sheets to a new workbook. Or even copying the code and recreating the charts.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Thanks

I came across a number of KB articles that might refer. Try a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp>search</A> at MS, selecting
    'Excel for Windows'
    Keyword search for All Words
    My Question is: chart crash

HTH

New Lounger
    Thanks

mahalo, all. Others experiencing the same problem measn I don't have to rebuild my personal macros file ... yet.

John