Thread: Bazooka

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bazooka

Has anyone had any experience with Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner v1.13? It's a freeware program that its site describes as follows: "Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner detects a multitude of spyware, adware, trojan, keylogger, foistware and trackware components; sources of irritation that antivirus software does not deal with. The scanning process will only take about two seconds and tell you how to uninstall the invasive spyware or put you in contact with the spyware developer for the most up-to-date and safe uninstall instructions."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Bazooka

I've used it on a couple PCs for a few weeks now with no ill effects. It does not check for many problem children yet. But the database is updated frequently. I just figured if it keeps improving it can't hurt to have another 'arrow in the quiver'

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

By all means, another "arrow" is worthwhile. I was dubious, though, about the "two seconds" to check for spyware. As well, do spyware developers, in general, provide "the most up-to-date and safe uninstall instructions?" Also seems to be asking a lot of the user--expecially to "uninstall the invasive spyware," manually, I assume?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

I'd guess it depends on the malware. Some can be removed automatically, some completely manually, some in between. You need to be flexible. One size never fits all in the PC world.

Joe
    Joe