Thanks

Re: Copy Favorites (6.0)

Well... you could use Windows Explorer... All of those categories are subfolders under your Favorites folder, and the individual favorites are URL-style shortcuts in those folders. Thus, you could copy and move them en masse into the folders on your new computer. Just make sure you put them in the place your browser expects to find them (in recent versions of Windows, c:documents and settingsyour usernameFavorites).

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks

You can export them using IE, copy the exported file to the other PC, then import.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Copy Favorites (6.0)

Post deleted by dbrod

...and undeleted by Leif

I sent a lot of favorites to myself from one computer to another. There are over 2000 of them, but catagoried so there are only about 10 icons. When I open the icons, I get the listing of all the sites in each catagory.
    How do I copy these to the favorites in my new computer without having to click on each one and re-catagorizing it?

Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

There are a number of ways. As Joe says File>Export/Import>Wizard Exports to File>Transfer file to other PC via network, floppy or CD-R>Open IE>File>Export Import>Use Wizard to Import to the 2nd PC.

Intel Education: Using Favorites and Bookmarks
    MSKB196482: How to Copy Your Existing Favorites to a Different Computer
    How to Copy Favorites Onto Another Computer

Also see Post 337629: Where to Download Faves to Go and Favorites Home Page.

SMBP