5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Small windowing annoyance (6.0)

When I click a link which is opened in a new window, the window is Restored rather than Maximized. Can I change the default behaviour? Andy.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Small windowing annoyance (6.0)

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab>Take ck. out of "Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts."

Or if you prefer the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main. Look for value AllowWindowReuse. If you can't find the value, create a DWORD value for it.
    -Set the Data Value to 0 for "Do not reuse window." (A setting of 1 specifies "Reuse window.")

SMBP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

In short, I don't think so. What most folks do is stretch the window as large as possible and then try to force IE to remember the desired size by closing it with a magic key combination, such as Shift+X (the X in the upper right corner) or Ctrl+X (ditto). If the site launching the window has set the size in script, then the script will override whatever you've saved.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If this is about size, as Jefferson says, IE doesn't have perfect memory, partly for the reason he says, and also popups and popunders even when stopped can influence windows taking on new size. But you can try to reactively restore size you want--I don't think there is anyway to preemptively dictate consistency.

If a window has adopted a size I don't like then I make a duplicate window, Ctrl+N or File>New Window. I stretch the new one to desired size while keeping the parent up, then close the new one anyway you want with Ctrl key held down.

I hope this is what you mean--I wasn't sure what size you were referring it would "restore" to if you started with them maximized in the first place.

SMBP