Adamg

Archive in Outlook 2002

I have imported my old outlook.pst into Outlook 2002.It is 129mb and has messages dating back to 2/2000.I have several sub directories. Archive is set at 2 months. The only items that are being archived are calendar, deleted items, inbox, journal, sent items and tasks. None of my sub directories are being archived. The only archive directory that is populated after archive is "sent". The dates of items in this directory are exclusively 2/2001.
    What can I do to archive all directories and everything older than 2 months?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archive in Outlook 2002

you need to manually choose the other folders for archive. right click on each folder and choose the settings you want.

Adamg

I have archived the individual directories however none of them have been populated during the archive.
    Version is 10.2627.2625

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you've set the archive settings on each folder to autoarchive them and they are not getting archived?

did you open the old pst or import it? importing changes modified dates and messes up archiving.

Adamg

As I stated in my first post I imported outlook.pst.How can I archive the older items.What procedure should I follow under such circumstances.
    Many Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

don't import, just use file > open and open the pst.

if you need to move them out now, you'll have to do it manually. file > open the archive pst. sort the mail by date and drag and drop into the archive pst.

Lounger
    Thanks

Also, note that you can set all folders to the same archive pattern, which is new in outlook 2002.