3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Store Actual Print Report Date (2K SP3)

I want to have Access store the actual date a report was printed. The On Format and On Print events are no help because each time the report is previewed the the date is different. So what I need is, when the piece of paper actually spits out of the printer, I want to record that exact date and time in a table. With this, all users in the office who use the database can see when, and for that matter, if a report is now a hard copy.

Thanks
    Nick

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Store Actual Print Report Date (2K SP3)

Why? Since Access itself doesn't know the difference between print and preview, I don't see any way to capture this, and I don't understand your purpose. What are you trying to accomplish by capturing a date like this?
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There are several people in the office printing off reports. They don't to be printing multiple copies if someone else has already it. By having the actual print date in the database, anyone will know if another user has already produced the report.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As Charlotte mentioned, there is no way to distinguish between previewing a report and actually printing it. Exactly the same events occur.

You could put an "Update print date" command button on the form from which the report is opened, or display a dialog after the report has been displayed, asking the user whether the print date should be updated. But neither is 100 % dependable, of course.