New Lounger
    Thanks

Print the icons - A4 size (All)

Hi - I want to be able to print out some of the icons from the toolbar, I can do this via print screen and sometimes use PaintShop Pro. However my students have memory problems and I want to increase the size of the icon to A4 so that I can hold it up in class and (hopefully) they will click on the right one. When I increase the size of the icon it becomes 'pixelated' and almost unusable. I have created the Clipboard using Auto shapes, however I can't do this for Cut. Does anyone have any solutions for me.

Here's hoping!

Mary

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print the icons - A4 size (All)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

The toolbar images are 16 by 16 pixel bitmaps, not vector graphics. Unless somebody knows of a collection of large-size versions of the images, I fear you're out of luck - enlarging them is always going to result in heavy pixelation.

Thanks

Re: Print the icons - A4 size (All)

Everything's relative: when you have it 6 inches in front of you, sure it looks pixelated, but if the student is 3 feet away, it might look perfectly normal.

I have used Photoshop Elements 2 for enlarging and shrinking photos. The general assumption is that a "bicubic" interpolation yields the best results with photos. But in the case of pixel bitmaps, my testing shows that a "nearest neighbor" interpolation works best. In this example, I multipled the pixel width by 4, the height was scaled accordingly, and I resampled using each method.

The method you used (not sure what you tried) might give the same or better results, but whichever way you go, I think you need to give it a try at the student-teacher distance to judge whether the end product is acceptable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - Print the icons - A4 size (All)

Thank you both for your advice. I have played about with them a bit and have stuck various versions up on the wall to get opinions.

Many thanks.

Mary