Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Drop Down menu size

Is it possible to change the size of a drop down box. The guys at work have said that there is a standard size in IE5.5 and without going into Java and writing some slick code then the 10 or so items will always be displayed and a scroll will always appear. There is approximately two values that could be displayed if the box could be expanded.

Cheers

Angus

Thanks

Re: Changing Drop Down menu size

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 16-Feb-04 15:46. Not sure if this is helpful...)</P>Not sure what you mean by Drop Down, which I usually use to refer to a control that shows only one items. If you are using a SELECT control, you can set it to any height you want. Here's an example: Rare SF Bay Area Lightning Storm (some photos I posted). Note the SIZE attribute. Of course, using too high a number will frustrate people not using a high resolution on their screens... but 12 should be fine.

Added: Uh-oh, I think I misunderstood your post. You are using a one-line select, with a drop-down list, and there are more items than will fit, so there is a scroll bar on the drop list. I'm not aware of any way to force the browser to change its default for that.

P.S. In a test document, I can get over 20 items to show in a drop-down in IE 6, so I wonder whether there is something strange going on with your document.