2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Email (Access 2000/XP)

I have a report that due to the amount of data per job (the primary key) and the need to force page breaks at specific points in the data, has to be printed in 4 separate report pages (4 separate report objects). This prints perfectly fine, but now I need to email them to a number of different people. Sending a report via email I can do, my problem here is that I would land up sending 4 emails, which is not the best way to do it.. I am wondering if there is any way I can send an email from inside Access and have the 4 .rtf files (the outputs of the report runs) attached to it.. Alternatively is there a way I could concatenate the 4 pages into 1 .rtf file?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email (Access 2000/XP)

It might be possible to keep it all in one report with judicious use of page break controls (you can turn them on and off in code). Otherwise, you can create a report that contains the four report objects you have as subreports. Exporting this report to .rtf would result in one file.
    It is possible to create an e-mail with four attachments, but that is considerably more work.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK great but I have to confess I do not know how to create the page break controls using code such that they appear at precise points in the report. I am attaching a zip file containing the essentials of the d/b so you can see the problem. It only has garbage data for test purposes in it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The page numbering shifts between the Page3 and Page4 reports. Is repJob_Datasheet_Page3_Antenna supposed to go in between? If so, I wouldn't know how to put everything in one report, since this report has no report and page header/footer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

repJob_Datasheet_Page3_Antenna is a sub report on page 3 as its data comes from the antenna table but I still need to print the header info from the datasheet table. 1 datasheet can have many antennas.

I forced the page numbering because we do not expect to exceed 1 page for the antennas so it lands up being a total of 4 pages.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does the attached work for you?
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That is terrific - many thanks. I must be very thick as I never thought of looking in the toolbox. Again many thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The page break control is not very obvious if you haven't used it before.