Star Lounger
    Thanks

Simultaneous Users

I have been asked to provide a very quick solution to a problem by the end of next week.

I have to prototype a database so that users can look up a surname to see the max amount they can authorise for Invoices and Expenses, together with a image of their signature. So that users can see if the right person is OK to sign the form and the signature is correct.

I have no problems with the above until it comes to the fact that it will be used by up to 27 users, often simultaneously. The database will be read only.

They may or may not have Access installed so I need to do a run time version.

Will Access cope with the simultaneous users if its read only, or will they all need their own copies?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Simultaneous Users

I think you should be OK.

Am I right in thinking you will point run-time Access at a front-end d/b that each person has on their PC, and this is linked to a back-end d/b on a network?

Or are you just planning to open one d/b directly from the network?

Jeremy

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think so, I hope to just have a central DB with the data that they all read from a run time version. Its difficult to get all the info as the db is to go to India and I am based in England and don't know their setup.

(Strange I know its usually the other way around - don't ask)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I often find the best way to test a multiuser set-up quickly is to start more than one copy of Access on my local PC and open the same database to get used to conflict messages etc.

In your case you can probably clone the shortcut for the the runtime app and see what happens when you run it twice or more.

Jeremy