Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

'Cannot add or modify record....' (XP)

Yesterday I imported a table and a related form into the latest version of a database I've been working on for weeks. The objects:

tbl_NewCourseTracking
    tbl_LabCoordinators (a lookup table)
    frm_NewCourseTracking

Both objects came from an older project. I imported the tables into the back-end of a split database and the form into the front end. One of the fields in the table and on the form is "Lead" (identifies the lab coordinator who has the lead in tracking a new piece of courseware). It pulls its data from the lookup table. In the original database, that lookup table bore the name tbl_LabCoordinators. In the new database, I renamed it tblLabCoordinators, just to be consistent with the way I've named other tables in this database. Well, as many of you might have predicted, this renaming led to some trouble, but I anticipated the problems. I changed all the references

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Cannot add or modify record....' (XP)

What happens if you try to select a lab coordinator name directly in the new course tracking table? If you get the error there too, the problem is in the table; if you don't, the source of the problem lies in the form.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Cannot add or modify record....' (XP)

Thanks, Hans. I finally figured it out. The Linked Table Manager was still pointing to an old table. Once I repaired that, everything works fine.