Lounger
    Thanks

email import (2000)

I am using Outlook 2000 to download my email to my computer. When I am on the road, I can download to another computer. There is the option to not delete mail from the server and then redownload it when I am back home. BUT, the server will only accumulate so much mail.
    I would like to merge the Outlook mail file from the road computer to the home computer. I have tried to do this with no success.
    Either it can't be done or I am doing something wrong.
    Can anyone tell me what file has the email and how to copy the new mail to the home computer? A step by step instruction will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Gary

Thanks

Re: email import (2000)

What program are you using on the road computer? If it's Outlook, you can copy the (presumably large) PST file to your main hard drive, then use File>Open>Personal Folders File (PST) to add it to your folder list. You then can drag and drop messages to your main folders.

If you are not using Outlook, what are you using? The procedure undoubtedly will be quite different.

Lounger
    Thanks

>>What program are you using on the road computer?<<
    I use Outlook Express or Outlook depending on where I am.
    I think I understand how to do it with the Outlook PST file. How would I do it with Outlook Express?
    Gary

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If Outlook is your primary email client, you are probably best off using File|Import-Export to retrieve the OE messages into your PST. Then migrate the PST. HTH
    Gre