5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Extra line breaks in html (Outlook 2003)

I created a document in Word, saved it as an htm file, and cut and pasted the text into a new email message. It looks great when I send it and when it is received with Outlook, OE or AOL 9.0. However, when it is received by an AOL user and that user cuts and pastes to a new mail message extra line breaks are added. Any idea why, and how to work around?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extra line breaks in html (Outlook 2003)

The AOL user probably needs to use shift-enter rather than enter. Editing existing HTML can also insert extra spaces and cause line break peculiarities and other annoyances. Which is why in this modern day and age I still prefer plain text messages.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Use shift-enter do do what? I tested ths problem with an AOL account I have, I Ctrl-C to cut the html text, and then used Ctrl-V to paste to a new message. The new message has an extra line break aftereach line.
    I want to use HTML to retain all the formating, fonts, font color, size, etc. (It is an invitation card.)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Shift- Enter inserts a single line break when formatting HTML. But as you pointed out that's not your problem. Try selecting each paragraph and setting the HTML Style in Outlook to Normal, or another style that gives you the layout you want.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS