4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Search in Word using VBA (Word xp)

I'm trying to search for all the instances of a 3 line combination. The first line is just a paragraph marker ^p, the 2nd line is a sentence, the 3rd line is another parag markert. All 3 lines are in styles, Heading 3. I want the middle (2nd) sentence to remain in heading 3 and the empty ^p above and below the sentence to be deleted. When i delete the one below the sentence the heading 3 style disappears also. Thank you for the help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Search in Word using VBA (Word xp)

Someone might come up with a single search and replace to do this but I would use a pretty big hammer and just do a search and replace on ^p^p and replace with ^p

This would get rid of all empty paragraphs (except single ones in and around tables).

Is it important to retain the empty paragraphs not in the Heading 3 style?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks

> When i delete the one below the sentence the heading 3 style disappears also.

It disappears from the paragraph containing the sentence? That doesn't sound right. How are you deleting it?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I've come across similar but can't recollect how it happens. I'm sure its something to do with the 'styles' settings/definition. Like the 1st suggestion, a workaround would be to reapply the style in code directly after the delete and while the cursor/selection is in the text of the paragraph concerned. (selection.style ="????")