Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 (Word 2000)

In a table cell, you can rotate text 90 degrees to the left or right (Format | Text Direction...) If you want other angles, insert a WordArt object (Insert | Picture | WordArt...); this supports free rotation, but it is meant as decoration only.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply Hans. Could you explain in more detail about a Table Cell and WordArt. What I am trying to do is set up timetables with vertical columns and at the top of each one have a column that goes off in a 45-degree angle and I would like to type text into the offset column. Please reply.
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can insert a table in your document by clicking the "Insert Table" button on the Formatting toolbar or by selecting Table | Insert | Table...

If you position the insertion point inside one of the cells of a table, or if you select one or more cells in a table, you can change the text direction by selecting Format | Text Direction...

You can insert a WordArt object in your document by clicking the WordArt button on the Drawing toolbar or by selecting Insert | Picture | WordArt... Select one of the shapes from the Gallery, click OK, type a text, select font and font size, click OK again. Select Format | WordArt, and in the Layout tab make sure that the object is not inline in the text. You will be able to rotate the text to any angle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (4.3 KB, 1 views)

Thanks

Thank you for your reply Hans. I have been playing with it and I have seen many different things that I can do with Word Art. With a little practice I will be able to do what I want to do. Is there a way to make the font smaller than 8 in word art? I know how to get subscript and super script in a normal word document but can't figure out how to do it in word art. That's if it can be done. Please reply.
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

WordArt is meant to be used for decorative purpose, not really for text processing purposes. You can't set font size to less than 8, and you can't format individual characters within the text.

There is another alternative: you could embed an Excel table in your Word document: click the "Insert Microsoft Excel Worksheet" button on the Formatting toolbar in Word. Text in a cell in Excel can be rotated to any angle between -90 and +90 degrees, and you can apply superscript and subscript to individual characters.

Thanks

You can put text in an Excel cell at 45 degrees. You can also copy an Excel selection into a Word document as a picture. (Select the cells you want in Excel, hit Ctrl-C, then in Word choose Edit -> Paste Special -> Picture. Does that enable you to put the kind of thing you want in your document at all?) (See attachment - a zip file with an Excel file and a Word file.)

Ian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Thanks guys for your replys. I found that if I use Excel I can do what I was trying to do. I can even shrink the font to smaller tha 8. Thanks again. Love this site.
    Catz

Thanks

Insert text at a 45 degree angle? (Word 2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 21-Feb-04 14:13. Subject line made more descriptive for future browsing...)</P>I have Word 2000 and I know how to write text horizontally. is there a way I can write vertically or at a 45 degree angle? The Word 2000 I have came with MS Small Buisness. My OS is Win 98SE. Please reply.
    Catz