Star Lounger
    Thanks

Save Document as 2 pages per page (XP)

Hello! I couldn't find the answer I needed by searching the forum, so I will ask this though I'm sure there's an answer somewhere.

I need to save a document so that it has 2 pages on a page. When I go to File -->Page Setup-->Multiple pages I get the message "Settings you chose for the left or right margins, column spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some sections"

I can't change anything to make this message go away...no matter what margins, what paragraph indents, or columns....any wisdom?

Thanks, Sarah

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save Document as 2 pages per page (XP)

Hi Sarah:
    I don't have Word 2002, so there is no muliple page option. There is an option for 2 pages per sheet, but that seems to make more pages, rather than less. You could try the following, though it might be more trouble than it's worth:
    1. Switch to Print Layout & show the Drawing toolbar.
    2. Draw a text box that is exactly half the page. When you get it exactly then you can select it & press Ctrl+D to duplicate it.
    3. Drag the second text box until it's adjacent to the first.
    4. Paste a page worth of text into the first text box...then adjust the font size until it fits.
    5. Repeat for the second.

If what you're trying to do is make a booklet, however, there are better ways to do this. You can search both this forum & Software for booklets & you'll find numerous threads.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sarah,
    I don't have Word XP, and I do not know of any way to SAVE with 2 pages per sheet.
    From what I have read, there is a way to PRINT multiple pages that is accessed through the File....Print dialogue boxes.
    Maybe this helps. ...J. Till

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You can't save the file in 2-up mode - this is a printer setting.

The dialog is telling you that at least one section in your document has margins too large to be printed that way. Examine the page setup for every section in the document to look for any big margins. Perhaps some landscape sections are the problem. Perhaps you have used columns in one section and the margins between the columns are the problem. Try setting the columns and page setup margins for the 'Whole Document' and see if you still get the message.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I'll try to figure out the booklet thing. Basically, we downloaded a document and need to add it to an appendix, and I'd rather it be 9 pages instead of 17. I'll let you know how it turns out...I live in New Orleans and it's Mardi Gras so I am sort of...distracted [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sarah