2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lost minimize all icon (WXP Pro)

I recently re-installed office, and in doing so deleted a lot of files. When I reinstalled Office [WXP pro] there was no wee minimize all icon in my taskbar. I've moved the taskbar around, and right-clicked, but it's nowhere to be seen. I can right click it and Show The Desktop appears, but the shortcut for it is gone. Any help?

TIA,
    Michael

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Lost minimize all icon (WXP Pro)

Did you turn ON the "Quick Launch" toolbar?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, if that's the bar at the very bottom with Start on it, and all running prpgrams. Rght?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You can do the same thing as that button you want to see again by hitting the Windows Key+D.

Dave has hit the most common reason that button disappears--make sure you right click the taskbar>toolbars>click quick launch. That done, one other cause this disappears is deletion or corruption of the quick launch folder. Running SFC (System File Checker) see Post 338243 SFC First 3 links.

Before doing that, though, I'd repair my quick launch folder in case it's corrupted by recreating it at Cocuments and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftInternet Explorer. Set a restore point first, and then if it interferes at all with your current folder, you can go back.

Another quick way to try is to System Restore to before you installed Office. It's not going to impact Office or your other programs because SR tracks program files, and you can easily undo it. Loss of the button seems to be recent is it not?

There are also many free programs like Iconic Tray.

SMBP

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost minimize all icon FIXED (WXP Pro)

Well, I cheated, and got it fixed. I just copied the file from my office computer and put in back into my desktop at home. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help, 'cause I wouldn't have known where to put it without you all.

Best,
    Michael

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost minimize all icon FIXED (WXP Pro)

Nice job.

I like to see these cheats when someone can do an endrun by being resourceful and getting the right file and pasting it in. Sometimes Windows requires all the end runs you can use. I wish I had a comprehensive list of cheats that worked as successfully as this one.

SMBP