Star Lounger
    Thanks

SCSI not showing everything?

I have a Win2K Pro computer which is our internet proxy server. It has two 9Gb SCSI hard drives, the first has the operating system and proxy software installed and the other is just used as the cache for the proxy. If I view the cache drive in Windows Explorer (showing all files) the pie chart shows 4Gb used and about 4Gb free. However, highlighting all files and folders shows that they only take up about 1Gb? I use Diskeeper and the drive is not fragmented, and scandisk shows no bad sectors on the drive.

I can't figure out why the computer thinks there's 4Gb used on the 9Gb drive, when there is only about 1Gb of data on the drive. The first drive doesn't show this problem.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SCSI not showing everything?

If you select all of the folders in the root of the Explorer pane for the second drive and select Properties, does the amount of space used match what the pie chart shows?
    -Mark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SCSI not showing everything?

No it doesn't - the pie chart shows (rough figures) 4Gb used and properties of all selected files only shows about 1Gb. There is an issue with lots of lost space due to the fact that small files are taking up a whole cluster, but after deleting the cache folder on this drive, running Diskeeper and scandisk I still get the same problem?