3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

security ? (Access 2000)

I have a db that uses security to allow only certain users to open a form. I would like to have it open another form if the user is denied access to the secure form? How do you capture the permission failure? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: security ? (Access 2000)

How are you keeping the user from opening the form now? Ordinarily, you don't even offer the users a chance to open a form to which they have no permissions. I think you're going to have to explain more about what you're doing and what you want to accomplish.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have the form open by using a button on a menu. I have it set in the db's security to only alow certain users the ability to open the form. What I would like is if a user does not have access to the form another form opens showing the user other options. I have that form created I would just like it to open only for those users that or exculded from opening the secured form.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The routine called by the button click should test to see what permissions the currentuser has by checking the group they belong to. Then you can open the appropriate form based on the permissions. Are you asking specifically how to do that, or did you just need an approach? The specifics depend somewhat on how you've set the Access security up.
    Charlotte