New Lounger
    Thanks

page layout view display (Word 2003)

I've just been using Word 2003 on a new PC for a couple weeks, and have started to see some strange things. Wonder if somebody could straighten me out:
    1. When I open a new blank document, or create a new document using a template, the cursor is at the very top of the page showing no margin. I had created a template for our company letterhead (information in header and footer), and when I create a new doc with the template, the header/footer info doesn't show up, UNTIL I click on View/Header and Footer, then close the toolbar, and my margins and display are the way I'm used to seeing. Is there something in my setup I need to change? I just can't figure out where.
    2. I had created business cards in Word 2000, with our logo and a small table with our address etc. When I opened up the doc to try to print it, all that displayed was a text box with my name in it. But it printed correctly. Again, is it something in a display setting?
    Thanks.

Thanks

Re: page layout view display (Word 2003)

1. If Word 2003 works like Word 2002, look under Tools>Options...>View tab, "White space between pages (Print view only)" and make sure the box is checked.

2. Not sure about this one; did you use a page of table cells (like mailing labels)?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: page layout view display (Word 2003)

1. Thanks for the "white pages"--I didn't know about that one. And it seems to be working.

2. For the business cards, yes, they're in a page of table cells--an Avery label format. And in 2000 everything displays fine. Each cell has a logo, a text box, and another small table (1 row, 3 columns).