New Lounger
    Thanks

Contacts Sub Folders (2000)

My client works in a Citrix environment and has set up sub folders to his main Outlook contacts folder. We have added these sub folders as additional address books in the Tools | Services | Microsoft Exchange | Properties, as well as adding them in the Addressing Tab of the Services Dialog Box. Also, for each contact sub folder, we set the properties for each one with a check mark that the sub folder would be visible in the Address book.
    However, when addressing mail with any of the contacts within the sub folders, CTRL K or the Check Names button does not work. When accessing the Address Book, we can access the sub folders of contacts this way, but the client would like to be able to use the CTRL K or Check Names short cuts when addressing emails, rather than having to access the address book each time.
    Is there something we have missed? Any help would be most appreciated!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contacts Sub Folders (2000)

In the user's Outlook on Citrix, right-click on the Contacts Subfolder and choose Properties. On the Outlook Address Book tab, make sure there is a check next to "Show this folder as an email address book."

I hope this helps, since it's the only thing I can think of!

Becky

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Becky - each of these folder properties have already been set with that option - but with no joy.

Is it just "one of those things" that Outlook 2000 can't do? (I have Outlook XP and it works fine!) Or is it related to his Citrix environment?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

<font color=red>Is it just "one of those things" that Outlook 2000 can't do?</font color=red> In my experience, Outlook 2K can do this. It may well be a Citrix issue, but I have no way of verifying this. HTH
    Gre

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The only other suggestion I have is to create a new Outlook profile for the user. If you right-click on the Outlook icon on the Citrix desktop and go to properties, you should be able to create a new profile there. It might help.

Becky

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks all for your suggestions. Will take this back to the client.

Regards

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi... another thing that you can look at is the Address Book itself. Open it up (icon on the Standard toolbar) and select Tools, Options. In the Options dialog box, change the order in which address books are checked at the bottom, moving the 'added' books to the top of the list and having the Global Address List (GAL) and others to the bottom. Then, when using the automatic name checking, Ctrl K, the address books at the top of the list will be checked prior to GAL, etc. at bottom. Also, you do not need to use Ctrl K to automatically check a name, you simply have to tab out of the TO or CC fields or click to another field and Outlook will Automatically check names (option set under Tools, Options, Preferences, Advanced E-Mail Options). Hope this helped... trish