3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Keyboard Shortcut to Cycle Through Windows (Windows XP SP1)

In Excel, you can use Control Tab to cycle through all of the open spreadsheet windows. Why doesn't it work in other apps? Is there a way to set it up so that it will work for all Office apps?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Cycle Through Windows (Windows XP SP1)

The standard keyboard shortcut to cycle through the open windows of an application is Ctrl+F6. Ctrl+Tab is not a good candidate for all applications, for example in Word Ctrl+Tab inserts a Tab character, even in a table cell.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ctrl+F6 isn't as good because it takes two hands. I know I'm picky. I don't like to use the function keys so much because it takes my hand off the regular keyboard and slows me down.

I did realize it was a problem in Word, especially in Tables, because the just plain Tab takes you to the next cell and Ctrl+Tab inserts a Tab. I was just checking to see if anyone had any other good ideas.

Thanks for quick response.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You posted this question in the General Office Solutions board, but you don't mention which Office version you use. In Office 2000 and up, multiple documents are displayed as separate icons on the task bar by default; you can switch between them, and all other icons on the task bar, by pressing Alt+Tab. Many users dislike this behavior, however, and clear the Windows in Task Bar check box. As a consequence, Alt+Tab doesn't switch between open documents within an application.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Cycle Through Windows (Wi

And, finally, you can just hit Alt-Window, then the number (1, 2, 3,...) of the file you want.

Errol