4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Documenter-getting error message (2000)

Hi,
    I'm trying to use the Documenter and I get the following error message when I try and use the options feature to not include some of the options. "Application-defined or object-defined error." Anyone know why?
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Documenter-getting error message (2000)

According to ACC2000: Error Using Database Documenter If Objects Are Open, the database object(s) you are trying to document must not be open; the same holds for the relationships window.

If you are trying to document an object that contains VBA code (form, report, module), try to compile your code - in the VB Editor, select Debug | Compile <projectname>. If you get error messages, try to repair the cause, until you get no more errors. Then Compact and Repair the database, and try the documenter again.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for responding. I've done all that and double checked all that. I should have said in my first post. This happens in all databases I use on this system. If I take this database home it works fine. I personally believe it's a network security issue or something like that, but the network people say it's not. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what files are needed so I can have the network check to see if they haved blocked those files. I have had our local administrator log on to my system as admin and it works. Imagine that, but they still say it's not their issue.
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's never their issue, is it? If you can't run the documenter under your own username, but the admin account can, it certainly points to a security issue outside Access itself. Perhaps you don't have sufficient rights on acwztool.mde (the file that contains the Documenter) or in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice (the folder that contains all the essential office files.)

As a workaround, you can perhaps use <!profile=MarkLiquorman>MarkLiquorman<!/profile>'s custom Documenter - there is a link to his website in his profile.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again Hans, that's the info I needed.

Deb