perotto

Sharing Contacts

Using Outlook 2000. I share my Calendar with boss (no problem). I share my notes with boss (no problem). I tried to share contacts, it doesn't work. Windows opens and shows no contacts. I deleted the permission and started again, didn't work. I went to his machine so he could look and my contacts, did't work?? HELP...

Don

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Contacts

are you using netfolders or exchange server?

perotto

exchange server. I give my boss the permission of reviewer to my contacts, on my boss's machine he goes File / Open Other Users folder / Puts my name in and contacts permission / the window opens but no contacts show.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

so the contacts folder is visible but he can't see the contacts it contains? are they marked private? if you are using the small business version of office and the contact manager that it includes, it has a habit of marking contacts private without your knowing.

oh - i don't think this applies since he gets the window open, but the mailbox needs his permission also. (if you get a can't find error, this is the reason) just make sure that folders he's not permitted to see have his permissions disabled.