2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Incrementing in Reports (2000)

Hi guys,
    In reports, how do I create an incremental field. In which for every total transactions for each report, that is the customer invoice. It will have a text field that will increment 200002824, 200002825,200002826 etc etc.
    The report retrieves the data from tblManifest. Which is a table of transactions and the report summarises that for each
    customer. Each invoice should have an incremental invoice no. But i dont have a field in tblManifests for invoice no, i didnt know if that should be done.
    This is quite urgent
    Thankyou in advance.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Incrementing in Reports (2000)

It seems to me that creating such an incrementing number on the report will not be too terribly useful. The problem, at least as I see it, is that each time you run the report (depending on what has been done to the table since the last report), the numbers may not related to the same records anymore. That is 2000285 on one report may not be the same record as 2000285 the next time you run the report.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Incrementing in Reports (2000)

It appears to me that you need a table for Invoices. That is the logical place for your incremental number.
    Charlotte