Star Lounger
    Thanks

Various Task Not Available (2000)

I am currently working with several colleagues across the country who each have Outlook 2000 or more recent versions on their system. I have been showing them various features in Outlook and I have noticed that with a few people, they don't have access to a few things. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, but I have noticed a few people don't have the ability to use voting buttons. A few others cannot create an Out-Of-Office reply.

Are there different versions of Outlook 2000 that would cause this? I understand that everyone is on an exchange server (2000 or better) but I'm wondering if the exchange would limit/prohibit certain features.

Any thoughts or insight would be much appreciated.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Various Task Not Available (2000)

It is possible that this is caused by differing Exchange Server settings. Do you have any leverage to try and see whether a standardised set of Exchange Server policies could be enforced?
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Various Task Not Available (2000)

In addition to unkamunkas point about Exchange setting differences (for example my company has an Admin setting that will not permit me to turn read receipts OFF), there could be installation differences. See <!mskb=238280>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 238280<!/mskb> for information on the Out-of-Office Assistant. Another example I'm familiar with is the less-well-known Exchange Folders "Deleted Items Recovery Tool", which can be separately installed through Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Add-In Manager, if not installed by Admin, and if the 'DUMPSTER.ECF' file is available.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS