3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Auto-hassle (Word XP)

Hopefully, this will be simple:
    I have a document comprising two pages of single-line paragraphs, i.e. each line consists of only a few words with a carriage-return at the end.
    I want to highlight the entire line of text (sans carriage return), copy it to the clipboard and paste it. The thing is, Word insists on highlighting the return at the end of the row whenever I use the mouse. It doesn't matter whether I drag from left to right or from right to left. I've turned of the "smart" settings in the Edit tab of the Tools: Options menu, but Word still insists that I really want that stinkin' return (which I most definitely do not).
    Is there a way to turn it off?
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto-hassle (Word XP)

Try this: click Tools, Options, Edit, Uncheck Use Smart Paragraph selection

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Even with Smart Paragraph Selection on, you can omit the paragraph marker from the selection by moving the mouse slightly to the left (with the left mouse button still held down) if the paragraph mark has been selected. If find it easier to see what happens if I display paragraph markers (as recommended by Woody.)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for both tips. For my purposes now, I found it easier to turn off the Smart Paragraphs option. It was an economy of motion thing: I wanted to be able to Alt-tab to Word, swoop over the paragraph from right to left (it's easier than trying to position the cursor in the left margin), do a Ctrl-C, and Alt-tab to the other app to paste it.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike