Lounger
    Thanks

CD Player.exe (Win XP Professional)

Is the CD Player completely gone from Win XP??? I know Windows Media Player and Real Player are there but I actually sometimes preferred the basic old CD Player mainly because I could set the options to display the remaining play time for each Track and then could see that on the task bar. I haven't been able to find it but wondered if it was buried somewhere and I just couldn't see it.

Thanks

Re: CD Player.exe (Win XP Professional)

So far as I know, CD player has been totally replaced by Media Player 8,9 & RP.

There is an archive site that has Media player back to version 5.1 available. You might want to give that one a shot. How compatible it is with XP, I don't know.
    You may have to try in compatibility mode.

Try it at: OLDIES

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

WIndows XP contains its own simple CD player. It resides in WINDOWSSystem32 folder. To run it, click Start | Run and type CDPLAYER (upper or lowercase doesn't matter). To create a shortcut, choose New | Shortcut and type cdplayer.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Shouldn't that be mplay32.exe? That's the old media player.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

You are right, my mistake! Cdplayer.exe is Windows 2000 file, not Windows XP. If your system was upgraded to WinXP from Win2k or you copy this file from Win2k computer, it will work under WinXP. Otherwise Microsoft Media Player (mplay32.exe) is the option except Windows Media Player v.8 or 9, or RealPlayer, or other players you can find on the Internet...