3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change Wallpaper

After I log in to Win2000Pro, a picture comes on screen as the wallpaper before my selected wallpaper comes on screen. Likewise, when I shut down, after my wallpaper vanishes this same picture comes on screen again.
    How can I get rid of this phantom wallpaper that seems to lurk in the shadows?
    I've looked in the registry, on the desktop properties - can't find it anywhere.
    Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Re: Change Wallpaper

Can you identify the picture at all? - does it look like any of the standard wallpapers (backgrounds in desktop setup)?
    Do you have anything set up in Active Desktop?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, the picture is one of my daughter's ...
    Active Desktop only has 'Show web content' and 'show desktop icons' checked.
    The picture is displayed after I log in while a dialog box says " Loading personal preferences" and then it disappears and my assigned wallpaper appears with my desktop setup. Similarly it shows when my wallpaper vanishes as I shut down.

Aha - Leif, you put me on the right track. When I disabled "Show web content", my wallpaper disappeared and there it was! So I've now changed it and hopefully now there'll be no more Johnny Depp as my wallpaper!

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I've not seen this wallpaper ghosting problem since a number of occasions on Win98 machines. In those cases, and it looks like in yours too from what you said, the ghost picture was something that had been used as wallpaper or background in the past. The only way I managed to get rid of it was to change wallpaper to NONE, set an acceptable background color like a light blue or something and OK my way out. Reboot. Now set the wallpaper to the one you want. Reboot again and see if the "ghost" might now be the clear color background you set previously. Not much of a workaround I know, but it was the only way I could get it to stop.