5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Removing unnecessary apps

Is there software within Win 98, or available elsewhere, that will help me remove unused applications or options? I'm looking to remove things like Accessiblity, Desktop Themes, Wallpapers.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing unnecessary apps

Accessiblity
    Can be removed through the Add/Remove options in the Control Panel, under Windows Setup.

Desktop Themes, Wallpapers
    The default wallpapers and themes can be removed as above. Any that you have added will require additional effort, be that manual removal of the theme and wallpaper files from the Windows directory or finding a program that will do it for you.
    -Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I am not trying to be glib, but why bother?? I don't think this things are really that much of a space hog -- so are you trying to do this to create more space? The price of hard drives (in bytes per dollar) makes this type of cleaning relatively obsolete. Is there another underlying reason why you want to do this?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you wish to keep such items off, you might consider Poledit or search here in the Lounge for Poledit for some more detailed info and screenshots.