4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error Accessing File (Access 2000)

Help, I'm tryng to tie up a project DB (one week left)& the thing has stopped working, well the forms anyway. What happens is when the DB is opened the 'Code' button is NOT greyed out & NONE of the code works. None of it is new, but whenever any button on a form is clicked this message appears;

"Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost"

I'm attempting to re-build from an earlier backup, but if I can recover the original, then that would be better.

It's beginning to look like the code you gave me earlier Hans is somehow tieing up the whole shebang. Once the code has been run the symptoms begin.

Ooer

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Accessing File (Access 2000)

Nope sorry to accuse you Hans, it happens with any form imported. I'm going to hav a go at recreating the forms & see if the error recurs then.

It only seems to happen when code is used & then no code will work anymore & the code windows for all forms become inaccessable.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid you have encountered a particularly insidious bug involving a DLL conflict when you have Access 2000 installed on a computer with version 6.3.91.8 of Vbe6.dll (Visual Basic Editor DLL file) and then import (or copy & paste) any object that contains a code module (such as a form or report) or a stand-alone module. The actual code contained in the module has nothing to do with causing the error - as you may have observed, this will occur when any object containing a code module is imported into the database. Recommend study the following MSKB article and follow the steps outlined to try to recover the database:

ACC2000: Error Message: Error Accessing File. Network Connection May Have Been Lost.

The article also explains how to avoid this issue in future, by ensuring you have Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a) and Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP-3) installed. (SP-3 fixed this bug, but you must have SR-1a installed first to be able to install SP-3). I'd recommend installing both immediately, if you haven't already done so.

HTH

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Many many thanks Mark; I've now recovered the DB to its former glory [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]