New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook with Exchange (Outlook 2003)

Hi, For the first time I am using Outlook in combination with Exchange. Now my Inbox is too big, the postmaster says.How to solve this the best way without removing mail?

Cannot Outlook locally on my notebook put all the mail and delete it from the server as soon as it is read? Problem is, the Agenda needs to be on the server for others to check and change.

Who can guide me?

regards Hajder Abad

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook with Exchange (Outlook 2003)

Yes, Outlook has a way to store mail locally on your PC; it is called a Personal Storage File (PST). If one does not exist, create a PST on your local hard drive. Then move your messages to a Folder or Folders in the PST. (Your company should be able to show you how to do this, but if not, post back. I'd give you more details, but I don't have OL 2003, so the menus may be different.) After the PST is set up, you can create Rules to move your mail to the PST.

When you get the PST set up, since it is a portable PC, you should also look into setting up an offline storage folder to copy your Server side mailbox content to the PC when you are not connected to the server.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook with Exchange (Outlook 2003)

I do not know how to set up a PST, but even if you can help me using older menu's I think I will succeed. And then I should use rules to have mail go from the server to the PST? That I do not understand. Will the mail on the PST and that on the server, be in the same view? Or do I have to switch than between those two.

Isnt is possible to set somewhere that Outlook automatically keeps the mail on the server blowe 50MB or so and stores the rest locally?

Hope you can help me any further on this one. Offline storage functions already. Tried that one myself and found it to be not so difficult. But thanks anyway. Appreciate it.

regards HA