2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Visio 10 MKT Beta

I have tried this beta release and was not able to use it. It said everytime that I had big change in my Office conf. since the Visio's install even if nothing has changed.
    Any suggestion before I install again the 2000 version.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visio 10 MKT Beta

Look at the file called Readme.wri on the CD-ROM. It has a section on installation issues and gives some advice on how to fix problems when installing and un-installing Visio10 Beta, particularly in relation to other Office programs.

Personally, I never touch Beta releases. They are never fully featured and by their very nature, bug ridden.

I received my copy stuck to the cover of the Microsoft Australia Communique magazine. While it might be called a "marketing" beta, it is also a strategy by Microsoft to get bug reports from the field at zero cost to itself. If the product crashes you will be prompted to press a button that reports the crash details to MS via the Internet if you are connected.

You will also notice in Readme.wri that this version of the product is not supported by Microsoft - you are on your own.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Never, really never, install Microsoft Betas on a production machine. In the worst case you may be forced to reformat your drive and reinstall the operating system. If you can't resist, add a second partition/disk for dual boot. Saved my life several times.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the warning, one of our department heads just received a copy and asked to have it installed. I've rerouted it to the bin.
    Granville

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Don't limit the warning to Microsoft Betas! By their very nature, all betas are testing versions and unsupported.
    Charlotte

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

My suggestion is to NEVER install software that has copy protection.
    Legare Coleman