Thread: Office (XP)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office (XP)

I have just upgraded my home computer to Office XP. I have several of my own templates that I want to add to XP (most are in Word but there are also some in Excel). I want to set up separate tabs for them in the Template window. I did this in Office 2000 and I am almost positive I did it with XP at work - as luck would have it I won't be in the office for a few days.

Going from memory, it seems that I double-clicked on Drive C: , then Documents and Settings, chose my name and I thought the next thing I should/would see was a folder called Application Data and that if I chose that it would include Microsoft at which point, I could navigate my way to Templates.

That's not happening with this installation! I get as far as Documents and Settlings and double click on my name and then see Cookies, Desktop, Favorites, My Documents, Start Menu, User Data and Windows. If I search from Application Data on C: drive, it doesn't appear; searching for Templaes only gives me the folder that it's Program Files/Microsoft.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office (XP)

Application Data is a hidden folder; in order to see it, select Tools | Folder options in an Explorer or My Computer window. Activate the View tab, and in the Hidden Files and Folders section, click the option to display hidden files and folders. While you're at it, also tick the checkbox to display system folders. Then click OK. Then, you should be able to find

Cocuments and Settings<yourname>Application DataMicrosoftTemplates

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office (XP)

Thanks so much Hans! My memory just isn't what it used to be. I had to have known this to have done it at the office.

How wonderful it is for all of us to have The Lounge were someone saves our butts every day!