5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a Calendar (2000)

I have a table that lists my daily activities, and I'm thinking about creating a Report that would have a calendar layout. I know that I can create a report grouped by week, with columns running left-to-right. But how can I create the report so that it has gaps at the beginning of the month? For example, 1st Feb 2004 was a Sunday, so the report should start with six empty (or invisible) boxes, with the first entry beginning in the seventh column. Each month should then appear on a separate page. Any ideas how to achieve this? Andy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a Calendar (2000)

There are some free demo calendar reports to be found here.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

These are interesting examples and I've saved them for the moment, but none are quite what I'm looking for. I've created a table with two fields: the numbers 1 to 35 and a blank Date/Time field. The numbers are required because each page of a report will have 35 boxes representing the possible days during a month. I want to create an Update Query that will, for a particular month/year, populate the blank date fields.. in the appropriately numbered box. For example, for April 2004 the 1st occurs on a Thursday. So (perhaps using the DateSerial function) I want to update the date field, for box numbered 5, with 1/4/04, and box numbered 6 with 2/4/04 etc.. I will then be able to add my source data table and link the two date fields.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've actually managed to solve it myselt.. Whe'hay! I have fields called Nos (the numbers 1 through 35) and monthDate (initially blank). I use the following expression in the Update To row for the monthDate field: IIf(Month(#01/04/03#+[Nos]-Weekday(#01/04/04#))=4,#01/04/03#+[Nos]-Weekday(#01/04/04#),Null). I should be able to revise this for any particular month/year, and then relate it to my data table.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've solved this issue and thought I would post a copy of the (zipped) database in case anyone was interested. If you preview the report and enter a date of 1/4/2004 you will see a monthly calendar of activity.. starting on a Tuesday! You can enter any date (as long as it is the FIRST of the month), although I only keyed activity for April, May June 2004.
    Reports keep losing their settings; I hope this doesn't happen, but if so then change the column count to 7 column width 2.5cm and height 3cm, and (if necessary) Landscape.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

<hr>Reports keep losing their settings; <hr>

Have you got SP1 applied to Access 2000?

Failing that, turn off Name Autocorrect - losing report margin settings is a known bug in the original Access 2000.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro