3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attachments (Outlook 2002 SP2)

Outlook has decided to delete attachments that I want to send out. I am running Windows XP as my O/S. I am current on Windows Updates. Today I tried to send a Word document as an attachment and received a message that Outlook had removed my attachment from the e-mail. I've had trouble recently trying to send photographs by e-mail and scanned documents by e-mail, but I just switched over to Outlook Express and e-mailed them with no problem.
    I'd like to find out WHY I can no longer send an attachment using Outlook. I can receive attachments using Outlook.
    Any suggestions?
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Attachments (Outlook 2002 SP2)

Are you NOT able to send the attachment or is the receiver not able to receive this type of an attachment?

To test this out, send your self a email with an attachment and see if you receive it.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Is the message generated by Outlook? Are you on Exchange Server where attachment Rules are set by Admin?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for replying, Dave and John. I can send myself an attachment. I did it this morning. Yesterday, I tried to send an attachment and there was a band across the top of my email stating the attachment had been removed by Outlook. In the past, I've tried to send attachments and they just sit in my Outbox and churn. Usually, I delete them and send them using Outlook Express. Invariably when they have been churning around in my Outbox, the recipient will email me saying they received the email multiple times when I didn't even know it had been sent.

I can't seem to figure out why attachments will go through sometimes and then, they won't. I know I'm not providing enough information and I'm leaving my house until this afternoon. I just hoped someone might have experienced this and have an answer.

John, the messages are generated by Outlook and I am NOT on an exchange service.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>